Mother Flower Essence
Preserving a ‘mother flower essence’
The process of bottling flower essences is similar to creating homeopathic remedies. In homeopathic’s the original base material goes through a grinding, dilution and succession process to create a remedy that only uses the energy of the original base material. Preserving flower essences begins with infusing flowers and water in the solar energy of the sun. A couple of drops of this ‘mother essence’ is then added to a brandy and water combination that is described later in post. This infusion becomes the base note for bottling this flower species essence. The similarity to homeopathic remedies is the energetic imprint that is the focus in homeopathic process is the same essential energetic focus of the flower and sun infused water. The difference is the flowers are not mashed, they are infused. The flower essences are not pounded as in homeopathy, drops are used. However they both use a dilution process.
Here are the steps to creating a base note Flower Essence for making Flower Essences.
Step one: Gather the materials
- 2 or more 1 oz amber/cobalt bottles with droppers
- 2 drops Flower Essence water to make bottle of mother essence
- Brandy (or vinegar – I recommend wine vinegar)
- Water – living in Greater Victoria we are lucky enough to have wonderful potable water without buying it. I infuse our potable water using the sun’s solar energy in three ways; colour, stones, flowers, leaves and roots. The sun purifies it and these methods create a living water. I would use water that I have used infused with minerals or colour to make flower essence. If using colour infused water I would consider the best colour for the purpose of the essence I hope to experience.
Step 2 – Making the ‘Mother Flower Essence’ of your Flower Essences
Fill your coloured 1 oz bottle with just under 1/2 oz of Brandy and just under 1/2 oz of water. . Take 2 drops of Flower Essence water and add into the brandy and water in your 1 oz bottle. Gently jostle your 1 oz bottle. This becomes your Mother Essence.
You now have a Base Flower Essence for future remedies or blends.
Step 3 – Creating a Flower Essence product bottle
To make a product bottle you will need a 1 oz coloured bottle filled with brandy. Take two drops from your ‘Mother Essence from step 2 and add this to 1 oz bottle of brandy. Add the dropper cap to seal the bottle and jostle bottle gently. You now have a bottle to use for taking drops or you can add this essence to others to create combined essences. Make sure you add your label describing the flower essence.
- Flower Essences by Author Carol Rudd
- Flower Essence Repertory: A Comprehensive Guide to the Flower Essences researched by Dr. Edward Bach and the Flower Essence Society
- Flower Essences and Vibrational Healing by Author Gurudas
Traditional uses and properties of flower essences are for educational purposes only. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Every attempt has been made for accuracy, but none is guaranteed. Any serious health concerns or if you are pregnant, you should always check with your health care practitioner before self-administering.