by Renee Lindstrom, GCFP–Living in Natures Love Lifestyles insideawareness.com
Getting the knack of creating yogurt from a carton of milk it was time to explore making cottage cheese. Discovered it is as easy to make as yogurt and as enjoyable to eat knowing exactly how it was made with no added expense on the pocket-book. It can be flavoured with spices from the cupboard and herbs and edibles from the garden. The most rewarding it that food has become fun and most importantly, rewarding! Gone is the inconvenience of eating.
The simple recipe I follow is:
- 1 gal of Milk
- Small amount of cream, milk, sour cream or kefir to moisten
- 3/4 cups Home made Apple Cider Vinegar
- Flavouring: Herbs, spices, garden edibles
- Cheesecloth , cotton or strainer
Bring milk to 180 Degrees Fahrenheit and slowly add apple cider vinegar. Milk will curd immediately. Let sit for 10 minutes before straining curds to separate from whey. Put into bowl to cool and then add spices, herbs and use dry curds or moisten with cream, sour cream, kefir or milk. Use whey in smoothies, other recipes or use to water your houseplants!
More daily recipes from Living In Natures Love:
- Creating Yogurt at home is amazingly easy and inexpensive
- Making Cream Cheese from Home-made Yogurt!
- Fermenting Kefir Grains at home
Read more on:
- Fabulous Fermenting
- Colour Spectrum Diet – Eating for our Chakras
- Living Foods: Fermented Salsa, Fermented Kimchi, Fermented Sauerkraut
- Cottage Cheese (Paneer): Exotic Indian Recipes by Author Simi Sachar