A theme was created for this years summer retreat which included the food that was shared with the participants. ‘InTouch Lifestyles’ at Inside Awareness includes a focus on the environment. We consider that living food items stimulate one’s physical, mental and emotional experience. Our belief is that food is an environmental influence for health, wellness and happiness.
Our menu’s included:
Healthy Water Infusions & Teas
Spruce Tree Branch Infused Water
The water used for daily infusions was set out in the sun for solar infusion and under the new moon for infusing the qualities of the moon. Each glass jar also sat on written words that would infuse into the water such as: Healing, Vitality, Inspiration, Compassion, Love, Balance and more. Have you read the words that are on the outside of the popular Kombucha drinks by GT’S that are there for the same intention? or, read Messages of the Water by Dr. Emoto?
Home-made Sauerkraut – high in fibre, Vit A, C, K & B, a good source of iron, manganese, copper, sodium, magnesium & calcium
Fermented Beets & Turnips
Fermented foods are rich in probiotic bacteria and it enhances ones immune system. Eating fermented foods adds beneficial bacteria and enzymes to ones intestinal flora which increases the health of gut microbiome and digestive system.
Simple Fun Foods for Breakfast
Eggs with Veggies & Salsa
Heavy Greek Yogurt with fresh fruit
Chicken Quesadilla with condiments & Black Bean Salad with Cilantro & Feta (includes Home-grown Mung Beans & Urad Bean Sprouts)
and on the 2nd day:
Sauerkraut with Turkey Dogs and European Smokies with Salad
Basa Fish baked with oranges, Veggies & Tossed Salad
Baked Apple Crisp
Mint & Cilantro
Fun, Healthy Snacks
Cherry & beet juice Popsicle
Our sincerest appreciation to Nicole for taking on the kitchen and creating some fantastic dishes for our enjoyment. Each dish was artful in presentation. Nicole arrived with her pup Mishka who was quickly identified as a healer. This little pup radiates compassion and healing energies.
Read more on:
- Fermented Foods at Every Meal: Nourish Your Family at Every Meal with Quick and Easy Recipes Using the Top 10 Live-Culture Foods
by Author Hayley Barisa Ryczek
- The Cultured Cook: Delicious Fermented Foods with Probiotics to Knock Out Inflammation, Boost Gut Health, Lose Weight & Extend Your Life
by Author Michelle Schoffro Cook
- Sprouting: REVISED Beginners Guide to Growing Sprouts!: Everything You Need to Know to Start Growing and Enjoying Sprouts! by Author Jim Beerstecher
- The Sprouting Book: How to Grow and Use Sprouts to Maximize Your Health and Vitality by Author Ann Wigmore
- Hidden Messages in Water by Author Masaru Emoto