Hard boiled eggs in salt and whey brine with beet juice for colour! Just in time for Christmas.
This egg was in fermenting jar for 4 – 1/2 days and has perfect flavour. The next batch will be in Turmeric which has a different colour and taste.
- Mason Jar
- Fermenting Lid
- Hard-boiled Eggs
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 Tablespoon of Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup of Liquid Whey (from Cream cheese recipe)
- 2 tablespoons of Beet Juice
- Optional: Garlic, peppercorns, jalapeno & favorite herbs
- Place hard-boiled eggs into mason jar to fit number of eggs you are pickling. I used a 750 ml jar and 5 eggs. I could have added 4 more eggs to jar.
- Mix ingredients and pour over eggs.
- Cover with fermenting lid and store in darkened space for 4 or more days.
Once you open the jar, place in the fridge. Eat within two weeks.
Read more from Living In Natures Love on:
- Colour Spectrum Diet – Eating for our Chakras
- Living Foods: Fermented Salsa, Fermented Kimchi, Fermented Sauerkraut
Recommended equipment to make fermenting fun and easy: